This American Safety & Health Institute training program is designed to engage and inform the aspiring babysitter. It gives teenagers everything they need to know, from getting started, to dealing with parents and children, to key safety, caregiving, and first aid tips.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: March 14
Online Registration: www.cityofcarver.com
Course highlights include:
* Fundamental information about babysitting and creating your business
* Leadership: You’re in charge, but not the parent and conflict resolution
* Basic Caregiving Skills: Feeding, diapering, holding, safe sleep practices
* Play Time: Keeping children entertained and active safely
* Safety and Injury Prevention: Telephone safety, SIDs awareness, environmental, weather and preventable hazards
* First Aid and CPR: Recognizing an emergency, caring for an ill or injured victim, wounds and burn care, choking and CPR
Please pack pen, paper, snacks and beverages. Guide book included!
Ages 11 & older (Must be 11 years of age at start of class)
Monday, March 17