- The City is currently seeking residents to serve on the Planning Commission, Heritage Preservation Commission, and Parks Commission. Applications are available at City Hall or on the City’s website at cityofcarver.com. Deadline for applications is December 15, 2015. Applications should be submitted to Vicky Sons-Eiden at City Hall (316 Broadway), by mail (PO Box 147) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the application form, click HERE
- The City of Carver currently has the following open positions for 2016:
- Planning Commission – 2 Open Positions
- Heritage Preservation Commission – 2 Open Positions (1 Member and 1 Alternate)
- Parks Commissions – 1 Open Position
- On each commission, there are seats up for appointment/re-appointment effective January 2016 for two or three-year terms. Interviews will be held at the City Council Work Session prior to the regular City Council meeting.The Planning Commission serves as a volunteer recommending body to the City Council. The Commission consists of five members, plus two alternate members, and meets the third Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the Church by the River.The Heritage Preservation Commission serves as both a recommending body to the City Council, but also makes final decisions on applications for exterior changes to properties in the historic district. The Commission consists of five members, plus two alternate members, and meets the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at the Church by the River.
The Park Commission serves as a volunteer recommending body to the City Council. The Commission consists of seven members and meets the second Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at the Church by the River.
For further questions or additional information, please contact Brent Mareck at 952-448-5353.
For a complete listing of all Commission members, terms, and contact information, click here.