The City of Carver's Building Inspections Department performs a review on plans that have been submitted, issues the permit, and conducts various inspections as needed throughout the construction process. The Inspections Department, along with the building code, also regulates the City's zoning ordinance for compliance.
Submit a Building Permit Application
“The City of Carver is performing plan review electronically since March 2020.
Submit the building permit application and building plans electronically to email@example.com. If you have questions about the permit process or determining if you need a building permit, please contact our office.”
Schedule an Inspection
Contact City Hall at 952-448-5353 to schedule an inspection. Please note, the City requires a minimum of 24 hours notice for all inspections.
Contact Brian Luce at 952-233-8988, Monday through Friday, 7 to 8:30 am.
- Accessory Buildings and Garages Information Guide (PDF)
- Additions Screened Porch Three-Season Porch (PDF)
- Basement Finishes / Interior Remodeling (PDF)
- Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Deck Information Handout (PDF)
- Egress Window Requirements (PDF)
- Environmental Protection Agency Lead Paint Requirements - Residential (PDF)
- Fence Permit Information and Application (PDF)
- Lead Certification Compliance - Residential (PDF)
- National Flood Insurance Program Elevation Certificate (PDF)
- Nuisance Trees - Encroaching Branches and Tree Roots (PDF)
- Shed - Zoning Compliance Application - 200 Square Feet or Less (PDF)
- Swimming Pool Requirements (PDF)