2040 Comprehensive Plan - Design Carver
Design Carver, the City's 2040 Comprehensive Plan is available for review and comment:
Draft Plan Review
- Carver County
- Carver County Watershed Management Organization
- City of Chaska
- Dahlgren Township
- Eastern Carver County District 112
- Jackson Township
- Louisville Township @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Lower Minnesota River Watershed District
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Scott County
- Scott County Watershed Management Organization
- San Francisco Township @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Comprehensive Planning Process
A Comprehensive Plan is a document that identifies important local goals and objectives and guides future growth and development over the next twenty years. The plan also directs investments in City services such as transportation, water and sewer, and parks. Carver is planning today for a community that 15,500 people will call home in 2040!
This process will be led by joint meetings of the City Council and Planning Commission occurring prior to the Planning Commission meetings. See upcoming meeting agendas. The public is invited to attend.
Types of Items Included in the Comprehensive Plan
The Carver 2040 Comprehensive Plan will include planning for the following items:
- Annexation areas
- Economic development
- Locations for housing, commercial and industrial development (Future Land Use)
- Parks and trails
- Protection of natural resources
- Roads, water, sanitary sewer, and drainage
- Types of housing
Role of the Metropolitan Council
Minnesota is unique in that planning follows a ten-year cycle that starts at the regional level with the Metropolitan Council developing a regional vision and development policies, which is entitled Thrive MSP 2040. Local communities build upon and personalize the regional goals and objectives through their local comprehensive planning process. This approach strengthens both local communities as well as the region. Once a draft of Carver's Comprehensive Plan is completed, it will be submitted to other adjacent communities and the Metropolitan Council for review for consistency between plans prior to it being adopted by the City Council.
2040 Comprehensive Plan Comments
We would love to hear from you! Please contact Erin Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your thoughts.