The City of Carver provides municipal water, sewer, and stormwater utilities to its residents. Utility services are billed on a monthly basis and are due the 20th of each month.
How to Read Your Bill:
How to Pay Your Bill:
- Online click here
- Drop off at City Hall 316 Broadway, Carver 55315
- Mail in your payment PO Box 147, Carver 55315
- Fill out the Direct Pay Application to have it automatically withdrawn from your checking or savings account on the due date
Set Up New Utility Service or Discontinue Service:
It is important that residents fill out the proper paperwork when they are moving so they are charged for the correct utility service.
- If you are a new resident or moving into a new home in Carver, fill out the Application to Start Utility Services.
- If you are moving from your home in Carver, fill out the Application to Stop Services Form.
Do You Have High Water Usage?
If you are wondering why your bill is higher than usual, please consider the following items:
- Lawn Irrigation - Are you watering or sprinkling? This could double or triple your usage during dry months.
- Leaky Faucet - Even a small drip or leak can add up to several thousand gallons over a month.
- Toilet Running - You do not always hear a toilet that continues to run after it is flushed. If you suspect a leaky toilet, try putting a few drops of food coloring in the tank of the toilet. If the color moves to the bowl of the toilet without flushing, that indicates a leak.
- Water Softener - Check to make sure your water softener is functioning properly.
How to check your usage at home:
As a homeowner, you are able to check your water meter to calculate your usage at any time. The meter is typically located in a basement or in a utility near an exterior wall. You can check this reading periodically to see how much water is running through your meter and what may be causing the usage since your previous reading.