2023 Street Maintenance Project
The City hosted an Open House on October 13, 2022. A summary of the discussion themes was prepared following the meeting: Open House Summary.
The City of Carver currently owns and maintains approximately 26 miles of local streets within the city. As these streets continue to age and new streets are added, it’s important to approach street maintenance in a strategic fashion to extend pavement life as long as possible.
The City Council recognized the need for a standard approach to street maintenance and adopted its first Pavement Management Plan in the fall of 2021. The five-year plan began in 2022, with a focus on the Eagle Ridge neighborhood. In 2023, maintenance will take place along 4th Street West and connecting streets. Residents can expect a combination of street reclamation as well as street mill and overlay. A second portion of the project includes seal coating along Monroe Drive (west of Jonathan Carver Parkway). Street maintenance is anticipated to begin spring/summer 2023.
This street maintenance project is paid for by the City’s Pavement Management Plan, with no assessments proposed to residents within the project areas.
During the fall of 2022, Engineering and Public Services staff reviewed the project area and gather topographic survey information for the project. Soil borings occurred in various locations in the roadway as well. Project construction is anticipated to begin in spring/summer 2023.
Overview of Proposed 5-year Pavement Management Plan:
2022 - Complete
- Reclamation: Debbie Lane, Debbie Circle, Griffin Street and Griffin Circle
- Mill and overlay: Skyview Lane
- Seal coat protection: White Pine Way west of Jonathan Carver Parkway, and Broadway between 6th Street and 4th Street
- Reclamation: 4th Street between Jonathan Carver Parkway and Elm Drive
- Mill and overlay: Butternut Circle, Sibley Circle, Adam Circle, Riesgraf Road, Foster Avenue and Fullerton Avenue
- Seal coat protection: Monroe Drive west of Jonathan Carver Parkway
- Mill and overlay: North of 4th street along Sibley Street, Groff Street and Gilfillan Avenue.
- Seal coat protection: Kirche Hill Drive between 6th Street and High Street, and High Street between Kirche Hill Drive and 4th Street
- Reclamation: Carver Bluffs Parkway between Jonathan Carver Parkway and Ramsey Avenue
- Mill and overlay: Ridgecrest Drive and Ramsey Avenue east of Carver Bluffs Parkway, Ramsey Circle, Carver Bluffs Parkway south of Ramsey Avenue, Overlook Drive and Overlook Lane.
- Seal coat protection: Ironwood Drive west of Jonathan Carver Parkway and 6th Street West between Jonathan Carver Parkway and Broadway Street
- Reclamation: Mount Hope Road between Chaska Boulevard and 4th Street West, Ridgecrest Drive east of Carver Bluffs Parkway, and Ramsey Avenue between Carver Bluffs Parkway and Ramsey Lane
- Mill and overlay: Woodview Circle, Woodview Court and Carver Creek Place
- Seal coat protection: 4th Street West between Jonathan Carver Parkway and Elm Drive and Riesgraf Road south of 4th Street West
Note: Project areas identified within this 5-year Pavement Management Plan will be reviewed on an annual basis by the Engineering Department and modified as needed based on field observations.
Phase: Preliminary Design
Schedule: On-site evaluations, topographic survey and soil borings will be occurring Fall of 2022.
An Open House was held on Thursday, October 13, 2022.
Location: Monroe Drive (west of Jonathan Carver Parkway) and along 4th Street West and connecting streets.