Minnesota’s Energy Assistance Program - New Program Effective October 1, 2022 - September 30, 2023.
Water Assistance Program Overview
- Customers apply for water assistance using the Energy Assistance Program (EAP) application.
- Customers must be currently disconnected, have a pending disconnection, or a past due water or wastewater bill to be eligible to receive assistance.
- If eligible, water assistance pays for past due and current water, stormwater, and wastewater usage charges, fees, and deposits to ensure continuity of service.
- Water assistance cannot pay for other municipal services like trash or cable television.
- By accepting a household’s water assistance benefit payment, water vendors are responsible to ensure the household’s water is reconnected or any pending water disconnection is averted.
For more information, visit Water Assistance Program.