Minnesota’s Energy Assistance Program - New Program Effective October 1, 2022 - September 30, 2023.
Water Assistance Program Overview
- Customers apply for water assistance using the Energy Assistance Program (EAP) application.
- Customers must be currently disconnected, have a pending disconnection, or a past due water or wastewater bill to be eligible to receive assistance.
- If eligible, water assistance pays for past due and current water, stormwater, and wastewater usage charges, fees, and deposits to ensure continuity of service.
- Water assistance cannot pay for other municipal services like trash or cable television.
- By accepting a household’s water assistance benefit payment, water vendors are responsible to ensure the household’s water is reconnected or any pending water disconnection is averted.
To apply of learn more, click on Learn More.