Riverside Rustic Campsites
Subfacility of Riverside Park
|Other Link||Carver Area Trails|
Rustic Campsite Reservation Process
Updated: April 6, 2021.
Reservations should be requested at least 24 hours in advance and during the business hours of Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4 pm, when City staff is available to process the request. Please plan accordingly.
This is a request only. If the campsite is available, you will be notified and directed to pay online or to send a check payable to the "City of Carver" to:
P.O. Box 147
Carver, MN 55315
Attn: Campsite Reservation
A reservation is confirmed only when payment is received. A reservation will be held for 5 business days. If payment is not received during this timeframe, the reservation will be cancelled.
Arriving at the Park
The entrance to the park/campsites includes going under a bridge with a clearance of 12 feet. The reservation is for the campsite only. Since this a public park, other events (like archery or ball games) may be happening in the park.
Rules & Policies
By submitting this form, you are verifying that you have read the campsite policies and rules listed on this page and that you understand and agree to the terms of the release included in the form.
Riverside Rustic Campsite Reservation Policy
- Riverside Campsites are available April 15 through October 15, excluding Steamboat Days in September (conditions and weather permitting). Campsite rental hours are 1 pm to 11 am the following day.
- Reservation requests for Riverside Campsites can be made by calling 952-448-5353 between the hours of 8 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday, or by using our on-line form below.
- Reservations will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. A reservation is confirmed only when payment is received.
- A person may rent a maximum of 7 consecutive days in any one-month period at the Riverside Campsites. The campsites are closed during the Steamboat Days celebration in September.
- A $5 service fee will be charged for all cancellations requested by the individual prior to the reservation date. No refunds will be made on or after the reservation date. Extreme weather conditions may be taken into consideration, and refunds are subject to the discretion of the City of Carver. If the City of Carver closes the park, a full refund will be made.
Riverside Campsite Reservation Fee: $15 per day. Permits are required.
Riverside Campsite Rules
- Must be 18 years or older to reserve site.
- Person making reservation must be present during the reserved time period.
- Minor children must be supervised at all times.
- Groups over 10 people are not allowed without prior written authorization.
- Park in designated areas; do not drive on the grass.
- Renter is responsible for making the area free of trash and debris before leaving.
- Pets must be leashed and in the owner’s control. Pet waste must be properly disposed of.
- Fires may not be over 3 feet in height, must be contained in the fire ring, and must be extinguished before leaving site.
Common Sense Rules
- Absolutely no underage drinking or drugs allowed. Police Patrolled.
- Be mindful of excessive noise; no loud music. Quiet times are 10 pm to 6 am.
At the Site
- Water is not available on site, please bring your own.
- Bring a flashlight, there are no lighting fixtures at the campsite.
- A portable restroom is available.
- No cutting trees, no out-of-state wood allowed. Follow Department of Natural Resources guidelines.
- Camping permit must be displayed on campsite post sign in plastic sleeve.
Please complete the Campsite Reservation Form, and read the accompanying release.