Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Allow a minimum of 5 to 10 business days to process after completed application and payment have been submitted.
1. This permit is administered and regulated in accordance with Chapter 40 of the Carver City Code, Article V - Right-of-Way Management.
2. The Contractor shall have an approved permit prior to commencement of work in City right-of-way.
3. The Contractor shall be registered with the City prior to commencement of work in City right-of-way. Registration information required. The information provided to the city at the time of registration shall include, but not be limited to: a) Each registrant's name, Gopher One-Call registration certificate number, address and email address, if applicable, and telephone and facsimile numbers. b) The name, address and email address, if applicable, and telephone and facsimile numbers of a local representative. The local representative or designee shall be available at all times. Current information regarding how to contact the local representative in an emergency shall be provided at the time of registration. c) A certificate of insurance or self-insurance: 1) Verifying that an insurance policy has been issued to the registrant by an insurance company licensed to do business in the State of Minnesota, or a form of self-insurance acceptable to the city; 2) Verifying that the registrant is insured, with or by coverage having a combined single limit of at least $1,000,000 (or such other minimum amount as the city council may, from time to time, set by resolution) against claims for personal injury, including death, as well as claims for property damage arising out of the (i) use and occupancy of the right-of-way by the registrant, its officers, agents, employees and permittees, and (ii) placement and use of facilities and equipment in the right-of-way by the registrant, its officers, agents, employees and permittees, including, but not limited to, protection against liability arising from completed operations, damage of underground facilities and collapse of property; 3) Naming the city as an additional insured as to whom the coverages required herein are in force and applicable and for whom defense will be provided as to all such coverages; 4) Requiring that the city be notified 30 days in advance of cancellation of the policy or material modification of a coverage term; and 5) Indicating comprehensive liability coverage, automobile liability coverage, workers compensation and umbrella coverage established by the city in amounts sufficient to protect the city and the public and to carry out the purposes and policies of this article. 6) The city may require a copy of the actual insurance policies. 7) If the person is a corporation, a copy of the certificate is required to be filed under M.S.A. Section 300.06 as recorded and certified to by the Secretary of State.
4. The Contractor shall call Gopher State One Call and have all utilities marked prior to installation of the utility.
5. The Contractor shall engage the Building Official and obtain all necessary permits and inspections required for work on private property. Additional comments from the Building Official/State Electrical Inspector may be included as part of the Building Permit review.
6. Erosion control devices shall be in place prior to commencement of work.
7. It is the Contractor’s responsibility to maintain access to all streets and driveways at all times. Access impacts to streets shall be approved by the City 48 hours prior to the commencement of work. The Contractor shall notify residents and businesses of driveway impacts prior to commencement of work.
8. All areas disturbed by construction shall be restored in kind. Temporary restoration may be needed if areas are disturbed outside of growing season.
9. Proposed utilities shall maintain a minimum of 18 inches separation in all directions from other existing public utilities and services in place unless otherwise approved by the City or utility owners.
10. All proposed above ground structures (such as pedestals, power poles, guy wires, etc.) shall maintain a minimum 2-foot clear zone from the edge of sidewalks and trails.
11. All construction shall meet the requirements as shown in the applicable City Standard Details unless otherwise approved by the City.
12. The Contractor shall notify the City a minimum of 48 hours prior to commencement of work as follows: a. Contact Vicky Sons-Eiden at 952-448-8727 (leave a voicemail if necessary) or at email@example.com. b. After contacting the City as noted above, Vicky will provide the contact information for City staff representative that will be inspecting the work. A pre-construction site meeting shall be arranged between the City and the Contractor to review the work prior to the commencement of work and shall be initiated by the contractor.
13. Upon completion of the work, the Contractor shall contact the City to make a final inspection of the work as follows: a. Contact Vicky at 952-448-8727 (leave a voicemail if necessary) or at firstname.lastname@example.org or the City staff representative that attended the pre-construction site meeting. b. After contacting the City as noted above, a post-construction site meeting shall be arranged between the City and the Contractor to review the work prior to the final acceptance of work and release of escrow.
Notice: At least five business days prior to commencing any work under the Permit, the permittee and/or applicant must give written notice by United States Mail to every property owner abutting either side of the right-of-way under or over which work will be conducted pursuant to the permit, including the following:
1. The identity of the permittee
2. Name, address, and email address for the permittee
3. A general description of the work to be conducted pursuant to the permit
4. The timeline under which the work will be conducted
5. A name and contact phone number for an employee of the permittee/applicant which can address comments and concerns of abutting property owners
Please attach a copy of the liability insurance certificate naming the City of Carver as an Additional Insured or Certificate Holder as in the requirements listed in General Conditions of Approval in #3 above.
If the installation is to be performed by a subcontractor, all of the following fields must be completed.
Please also attach documents in PDF format as necessary.
Check all that apply.
(Including method of excavation and compaction)
This section is for the person filling out the application form.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field